Sandals South Coast (Jamaica) pickleball trip with Wes Gabrielsen and Andy Gensch.
Come improve your pickleball game while enjoying paradise!
Straight Away Travel’s Pickleball in Paradise Vacations is creating a festive adventure in South Coast, Jamaica. You will be spending 5 nights with players from across the U.S. and Canada at Sandals South Coast, a luxury resort with 12 pickleball courts. This will include a week of pickleball play, instruction, a white sandy beach, cocktails/mocktails, and 5-star global gourmet dining. Your Pro instructors for the trip are Hall of Famer Wes Gabrielson and Andy Gensch.
Meet Your Pickleball Pro
Wes Gabrielsen is a 2022 Pickleball Hall of Fame Inductee! Some of the highlights of his pickleball career include:
- 11x USAPA National Champion
- 6x Canadian National Champion
- 2x US Open Champion
- 2x Tournament of Champions Winner
- Won over 160 gold medals open/pro in career
- IPTPA Founding Member
- IPTPA Level 2 Instructor
- Head Pickleball Professional at Illahe Hills Country Club (Salem, OR)
- Selkirk Sponsored Player
Andy Gensch is a pickleball professional and certified teaching pro who was the Pickleball Consultant and Head Pro at Chicken N Pickle from 2015 – 2022. Some of the highlights of his pickleball career include:
- Board Member – Pickleball Hall of Fame (2016-2021)
- Country Club Consultant (2018-Present)
- Tournament Director
- Parks and Recreation Advisor
- 2-Time National Medalist – 50+ / 2014 Mixed Doubles & 2015 Men’s Doubles
- Senior Professional and Sponsored Player – Selkirk
- 10-Time State Games Gold Medalist (KS, MO, IL, IA, OK)
- National Champion – State Games of America (2017)
- IPTPA – Certified Instructor and Director (2016-Present)
- Commentator – Pickleball Channel, US Open, USA Pickleball Nationals
Included in Your Stay
- Pickleball Instruction/Tournament
- 5 Star All-inclusive luxury resort accommodations
- Gourmet Dining: all food and beverages
- Unlimited premium drinks and cocktails
- Water and Land sports
- Fitness center
- Multiple restaurants
- Daily activities and nightly entertainment
- Transfers to and from the airport
- Private Cocktail Party
- Private Beach Farewell Dinner
- Most Gratuities
NOT Included in Your Stay
- Travel Insurance
- Gratuities for Butlers and shuttle drivers
Location and Accommodations
Sandals South Coast (Jamaica)
Set along a 2-mile stretch of the pristine south coast of Jamaica, Sandals South Coast Resort all-inclusive resort has been designed to embrace the coastline. Even their innovations are influenced by water, from Over-the-Water Butler Bungalows and an Over-the-Water bar to an Over-the-Water Serenity Wedding Chapel.
The newly reimagined beachfront Dutch Village has added swim-up suites that wrap the entire village because it’s all about the healing powers of water. So come discover the seductive pleasures of water in a secluded destination where every luxury has been created for pure bliss.
Prices start at $2080pp (based on double occupancy) for Luxury Level rooms SOLD OUT!
Prices start at $2431 ppdo (based on double occupancy) for Club level rooms
Dutch Beachfront with Butler (ask about this upgrade)
- Room upgrades (based on availability)
- Butler service
- Private airport transfer
- Expedited airport services
- Extra nights at the resort at a discounted rate
- Island excursions
Private lessons may be available. We will only schedule 2 hours of private lessons each day, so we encourage you to book in advance.
To get more details about all possible upgrades, pricing, and availability as well as to schedule private lessons, please email [email protected] or submit the inquiry form below.
Do you want to improve your game from some of the best instructors around, watching as they demo a new skill or drill and then coach you while you attempt to model it? A clinic trip sounds like a good fit.
Our clinic trips feature three hours of scheduled pickleball activity each day except on arrival and departure days. On arrival and departure day, you are welcome to use the courts but there are no scheduled clinics. Clinic mornings feature a minimum of two hours of clinics taught by our fantastic Pros, followed by an hour of Open Play, with the Pros mixing in with clinic participants. The clinics are separated in the best way possible, determined by our wise Pros, to accommodate a variety of skill levels. Each Pro writes their own agenda for the clinic topics so we do not have that until approximately one month prior to departure . However, rest assured you will learn lots from our talented group of instructors! Go home with new skills to show off along with your tan lines!
The final full day of the clinic trip is a round robin. The Pros will divide you into groups and set you up in matches. Lots of fun rotating among the courts!
Yes! Many of our guests arrive early or stay late to enjoy all the amenities our gorgeous resorts offer. We are pleased to help you save some money, too, by offering you the group rate we have negotiated with the resort.
No! Vaccination requirements have been lifted for all of our current destinations.
Sandals Resorts offer only one king bed in all of their rooms. However, we can request a rollaway for your room. If two beds are important to you, please consider one of our trips to Beaches Turks and Caicos. Beaches Turks and Caicos rooms offer both king beds and double queen bed rooms.
We highly encourage you to purchase travel insurance. After you have made your deposit and completed your client tasks on our portal, we send you travel insurance quotes from Allianz, a highly respected agency.
Yes! The resorts we use are luxury resorts that cater to anyone who is looking for fun in the sun. There is so much to do at the resort that you can easily fill your day and night without stepping foot on the pickleball court. Those looking for some relaxing down time will find that here too! The lounge chairs throughout the properties, both on the beach and at the pools, offer plenty of places for some R&R.
Discounts are not offered to non-players for the simple reason that we do not charge anything extra for our pickleball clinics or tournaments. All of our guests get a fantastic rate with lots of extra special touches, such as a private dinner on the beach for our group, a private cocktail reception for our group, a Meet & Greet, and a Welcome Bag. Pickleball is included for FREE!
A deposit of $400 is required to secure your room for your Pickleball in Paradise vacation.
- In the event that you need to cancel your trip, $200 of the deposit is refundable 95 days before your departure. Or, if you are unable to keep the reservation for your originally booked dates but would like to change to a different trip, the full deposit amount may be transferred to another Pickleball in Paradise trip through Straight Away Travel in the same calendar year.
- 95 days before the trip – the full balance for the trip is due.
- 95 days before the trip – all payments are nonrefundable.
VIP Extras Included with Every Pickleball in Paradise Trip
- Discounted group rate for a luxury all-inclusive vacation
- Stress-free planning at no cost to you (when you book through Pickleball in Paradise we take care of every detail and you get discounted group rates that are cheaper than if you would have booked the trip online.)
- Meet & Greet with the Pros on the first evening of your trip
- Private cocktail reception with a selection of appetizers
- Private beach dinner for the group
- Welcome Bag for each guest with a Pickleball in Paradise T-Shirt and additional goodies from our sponsors
- 5 X 7 group photo
- and so much more!